Flying Solo

Since the youngun is off skiing on a glacier in France and the partner's away on business in New York there's no real cooking going on around here at all. I'm defrosting stuff I've made and stored previously. So that's working out pretty well.

Yesterday's dinner was Pasta with Pesto; warmed in a frying pan; into which I crumbled a little feta cheese. Delish.

Today's lunch will be beans (really big fabes) in pisto (not Pesto - - Pisto); that's a sort of rattattoui. As it happens, that was yesterday's lunch too.

True, when home alone I really do not eat fancy at all. Possibly I should turn the opportunity into a few days of hypercreativity. Hmm - I believe I shall go peruse some cookbooks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A glacier in France? Hope conditions aren't too bad, we've had a heatwave for more than a month now and glacier skiing at Tignes, Val d'Isere and Les Deux Alpes has suffered - hardly any overnight frost, and soft snow by late morning at best (my kids are skiing up at Tignes most days)....

The FrogBlogger

willson said...

Yup - Tignes.

Anonymous said...

Race training?

The FrogBlogger

willson said...

Oui. Acrobatic ski training.