Lemon Pepper Paprika Chicken

No photos. 1) 'cause it wasn't really pretty; 2) the phone-camera quality is sucky; 3) my regular camera is acting funky; 4) I need an excuse to buy a new one [not to mention money]

Simple as can be. I needed a bunch of food; veggie dishes on standby - and some protein. So I pop out to the greengrocer and pick up whatever he has that's durable and green (asparagus and artichokes) and then drift across the street to the fishmonger; but they're closed so I head into the butcher's instead. Notable is that there is not a single price in sight on any of the meat. This is a small town and I guess you have to chat/negotiate to find out the prices.

I wanted simple and fast so I got a kilo of chicken breasts (2 lb) and the butcher filleted them super fine. Thin enough for sandwiches for example. Got them home and did this...

Serves: 8 (or 6; or4 with teens in the house)

Ingredients:

  • 1 kg chicken breast fillets (thin)
  • 3 T lemon pepper spices (Chef Hans'Louisiana type)
  • 1 T white pepper
  • 1 T paprika
  • 2 t salt
Procedure:
  • Lay out the fillets flat (not overlapping but you can scrunch them up together - no prob)
  • Sprinkle with lemon pepper spices on one side
  • Sprinkle same side with white pepper (be daring, double the amount)
  • Turn over onto roasting pan
  • Sprinkle second side with paprika (not the hot kind in this case)
  • Sprinkle side 2 with salt too
  • Bake in 180 C oven 10 minutes or so (leave them juicy and just barely done)
  • Remove from oven and turn over in the roasting pan to let them finish cooking.
  • I packaged the 1 kilo into 4 packs of 2 servings each (that would be 8 small servings of 125 gr [4 oz] each)
Done. Dead dead easy.

I would use a little more salt than you might (and more than I actually did). And, if you dare, use spicy paprika from Vera (Spain); I will next time. And they need something to make them brownish. I was thinking of tossing them on a hot grill to give them stripes before baking.

No comments: