Preparing Menus Ahead of Time

Before leaving for that 3 week vacation in Canada I figured I had better prepare some food for the folks at home; so they wouldn't starve without me around.
I made about 4 servings of each of the following and froze/packed them:

  • Salmon with Herbs (thyme)
  • Thai Chicken with Rice (peanut sauce)
  • Meatballs (Albondigas) with Paprika
  • Fusili al Pesto (basil and parsely)
  • Beef Bourguignon (wine)
  • Burrito meat (spicyish)
  • Artichoke Risotto (with mushrooms)
  • Chicken Pot Pie (the big pie plate sized ones)
and
  • Pisto (ratatouille)
I figured that would keep them healthy until I got back.

I should probably post some recipes and the comments that the dishes generated. (e.g. the beef bourg was a little tough, the salmon a tad dry, the thai chicken to die for etc etc)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you probably should.