Weekend Away

This weekend - more travel, little cooking. Back and forth, 550 km [350 miles] - - that takes about 4½ hours each way (you do the math).



Lunch on Saturday was sardines. Fresh, just dead, sardines. They should be stiff, not floppy, and have clear, bright, eyes when you buy them.


No "recipe" really just a bit of technique.

  1. Wash sardines (removes loose scales),
  2. put on a tray,
  3. sprinkle generously with coarse salt (reported to keep them juicy),
  4. barbecue 'em.
  5. Eat.

No mention of filleting, gutting or trimming of any sort. Whole sardines; heads, guts and all are barbecued - and they're eaten whole (except that you peel off the skin before diving into each one).

1 comment:

Shalee said...

The more I read about all your seafood type eating, them more I realize the I'm going to have to change my mind about it were I ever to go to countries surrounded by the sea.

My family, on the other hand, would be in fish heaven.