3. Best Article ‘09

What's an article that you read that blew you away? That you shared with all your friends. That you Delicious'd and reference throughout the year.

It’s in Spanish so not much use to most of you: Sin tetas no hay matrimonio [Without tits there is no marriage]. The machine translated version is a bit tough to read but you can get the gist of it.

Written by Elvira Lindo it talks of the wonders of breasts – in a very sweet way. The article was published in the Sunday supplement of the big national paper. What especially struck me is that this nice, intelligent, article was received with no indignation, no uproar, no protest; just accepted for what it was. I think that the same would not happen in certain other (North American) countries. I enjoy, and treasure, the open and tolerant style of society here in Spain.

It was written in 2008 but I think I came across it earlier this year and in any case this is exactly the article that came to mind when I saw the theme of today’s blog entry. I does indicate maybe I need to read more; or remember more. That is, to read things more thoughtfully instead of just consuming words for the sake of something to do.

1 comment:

Susi said...

Fantástico; gracias por la referencia.