8. Best Moment of Peace 09

An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?

A:  2009 feels like it was a pretty good year for moments of peace.  Specifically memorable ones… that’s harder.  Let’s see, re-took-up, again, the Dahn yoga practice; on my own, on the patio, in the mornings, in the sun, in later-spring/summer.   Dahn style yoga is a mix of yoga and breathing and meditation and chi – does me a lot of good.  Alas I do not maintain the practice well.   But the weeks, before fall set in and I had to bring the practice indoors, that I was doing it felt good and healthy and mentally in decent shape.  Used it as a device to again quit smoking (again) - that was a useful side effect.

                                   Yoga

No comments: