Carrot Cake

I've not had much success doing carrot cake either. So I'll try another box...just as a baseline; while I work on my own recipe.

Ingredients that seem to have worked (27 minutes @ 180C):

  • Sugar
  • Flour
  • vegetable oil
  • Carrots (dried) (5% by total weight)
  • dextrose (a.k.a. sugars)
  • modified starch (tapioca & cornstarch)
  • raising agents
    • sodium bicarbonate
    • monocalcium phosphate
    • sodium acid phosphate
  • corn starch
  • emulsifiers:
    • E477, Propane-1, 2-diol esters of fatty acids, propylene glycol esters of fatty acids
    • E471, Mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids (glyceryl monostearate, glyceryl distearate)
  • salt
  • spices
  • color: E150d
  • stabiliser: E466
  • flavorings

  • plus
    • 3 eggs (medium)
    • 200 ml water
    • 70 ml vegetable oil
Into 2x 20cm (8") round cake rings (pans)

Turned into this:


Not bad at all; although the frosting's not what I need it to be. I made lemon instead of orange like I wanted ('cause I had lemons but not oranges in the fridge). And the frosting needs a little highlight/color or something; it's too damn plain white.

No comments: