New Job

The last 2 weeks have been about finding paid work. To date I've been doing "stages"; which are usually work-for-free-experience programs. The 2 that I've done since I finished cooking school actually did help build my C.V./resumé quite nicely.

So, on the job front, I wrote a cover letter and applied to the most interesting place I knew of; which is very close to where I live, has a clean modern kitchen, innovative cooking techniques, pretty good hours - - and damned if I didn't get the job. Amazing.
So far I am 3 for 3 in applying for cooking jobs. I've gotten every one I tried for. Although I suspect this is not normal.

I start Saturday at the new place. Tomorrow I'm celebrating by going out and buying a new chef's hat.

And then, also last week... I caught a virus and was messed up for 4-5- days (my throat more or less closed 90%). The throat's still not 100% but at least I can swallow now. That, and I can also fit into last years pants much easier - having lost a kilo or 2.

1 comment:

Shalee said...

Congrats on the new job! You are very blessed with the 3 for 3 count on jobs, and as long as you're still posting, I'm all for it!

May you feel better, enjoy the losing of a kilo or two and enjoy your paid employment!