A Cup of Tiramisu



The Nanaimo Cake is a request from a neighbour for someone's birthday party. They also want a cake for the family; not a regular birthday cake though. So we figured a Tiramisu might be good. It's been a while since I made one of these (read... maybe never) and since I'm working in industrial sizes I figured I'd make a couple of sample Tiramisus with the leftovers. One normal sized one for the family fiesta, one smaller one (which I'll probably freeze) that's for 4-5 persons and I made two cute little individual ones - - of which you will find a picture of one above.

Well, it's certainly been a productive bloggy week so far; having a camera that actually works hasn't hurt the inspiration either.

Tiramisu layers are (bottom - up): sponge cake, soaked in espresso coffee, simple syrup and rum, mascarpone filling, another sponge, more filling and topped with a dusting of cocao.

No comments: