13. Best Change at home ‘09

What's the best change you made to the place you live?

Two things. One: I got my golf clubs out of storage - - getting back into the game after a 10 year hiatus. These Andalusian courses are generally quite well designed. Consequently I’m well into the double bogey arena. If I could fix up this slice and stay out of trouble that way I’d be doing pretty well.

Second: A gas heater for the beach place. In winter (December through mid-March) it’s generally around 10 degrees C [50 F] at night and only 15 C [60 F] during the day (although the full-up sunmakes it very nice anyway) - - a bit of something in the way of supplementary heat is called for. Last year I ran little electric heaters; and electric can be a wee bit pricey in Spain – gas is much more economical. The heater was only €99 so it will pay for itself in no time at all – as in, about a month.

No comments: